I’m writing today’s post to hopefully give everyone at home some inspiration of what to do on a snow day. If you’re living in the UK right now and you’ve either looked out of the window or the news, you’ve probably realised we’re in for a bit of a snow storm (YAY.) Today’s post is just going to be giving you a few ideas on what to do on a day like this, if you’re either off work or abandoned in your house. Because us brits tend to complain about whatever weather we have, I’m going to give you some ideas to help you take advantage of it!
1) Wrap up all toasty and make a snowman! Get your phone at the ready to take lots of pictures, it so beautiful.
2) Relax. Go for a nice hot bath, put on your favourite music, pamper yourself with some lotions and moisturisers, and then put on a film with a nice hot drink, perfect.
3) Go for a nice stroll down your lanes to the nearest field or park, everything looks so different in the snow so I’m sure you’ll be surprised. Remember your pocket warmers.
4) If you’ve got kids or friends close by, organise a snowball fight! Make sure you’re wrapped up warm enough and put on some gloves. Make it interesting, losers have to make snow angels, or you can change it up a bit!
5) Winter clean! Take time to deep clean and tidy your house, maybe pick a certain room? Start small and keep going until you’ve got a few bags of your stuff to get rid of. Chuck on your favourite playlist and put on those slippers that you got for Christmas and sing your heart out (just don’t get too distracted in old momento’s, it’s easily done.)
Make sure to take advantage of the snow, maybe set a target to do more than one of these things? Give yourself a chance to breathe, have fun and take in the snow whilst it’s here!